Superwoman Summit Session:
There’s Beauty in Everything, Even in Our Brokenness
In this session you’ll learn the power of being broken and how to propel forward. Deena will share how she turned failure, defeat and trauma into the fuel that led her to the White House and being honored at the Lincoln Center in Manhattan.
Deena Pierott is the founder of the award winning and nationally recognized STEM+Arts program for youth of color called iUrban Teen. This White House honored program is expanding to a national model and currently in four States. She is also the former President of Mosaic Blueprint, a Pacific NW firm specializing in diversity consulting and recruiting, and multicultural branding. Always and advocate for equity and inclusion and has framed all of her social enterprise brands under that umbrella.
Ms. Pierott is also a public speaker, speaking on topics such as Every Day Biases in the Workplace, The Art of Leadership, Women's Leadership, Women and the Hidden Color Barrier, and Diversity Recruiting and Retention. Deena Pierott has both corporate and public sector experience working for companies such as Exxon, Mattel Toys, Hughes Aircraft, the City of Portland and the City of Seattle.
She holds the following awards and honors:
- Washington State African American Achievement Award 2017
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Global Impact Award 2016
- Whitney M. Young Award 2015
- Black Enterprise Magazine Innovator 2013
- White House Champion of Change 2013
- Ebony Magazine Power 100 List 2013
- Rockefeller Innovation Award Nominee 2013
- Business Journal Orchid Award 2013
- The Delta's Woman of Excellence 2011
- MED Week Minority Business of the Year 2010
Featured in the following publications: Government Technology, Essence Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Black Enterprise, Ebony Magazine, Deliver magazine, Jet magazine, Colors of Influence, Neurology Now, the Chicago Tribune and NPR.
She is a mother to Raymond and Alexander, mother-in- law to Sonia Pierott and proud Grandmother to Laila and Noelle.