This month's episode is with internationally-acclaimed musician, speaker, consultant, coach, and author, Michelle Millis Chappel on Being Your Own Superhero.
MIchelle has a Ph.D. in psychology from Princeton and was voted “Most Inspirational Professor” at the University of California, Santa Cruz. After ditching academics to follow her dream to be a rock star, she produced several overseas and US college radio hits and won 17 Billboard songwriting awards.
Concurrently with advancing her music career, Michelle rose in the ranks of the corporate world, from usability engineer to VP of Consumer Insights. As CEO of her own company--Creativity Rock Star Coaching and Consulting, LLC--she now leads superhero seminars, brainstorming sessions, and innovation research for companies such as Google, Yahoo, and TiVo. She's also inspired thousands of individuals to discover their superpowers and excel in work, school, and life. Her book "Be Your Own Superhero" is due out 2019.
In this episode we talked about:
- Michelle's decision to leave a successful career in academia to pursue her passion for music
- What it means to be your own hero
- Michelle's work helping women own their superpowers to live more meaningful lives
- How she worked to build up her own confidence and go after her own dreams
- The ways your lack of confidence as a woman is a reflection of the culture in which we live
- How to get into the state of flow in your work
- Setting boundaries so that you can "balance" all the things in your life
She will be playing LIVE at the Superwoman Summit on October 19, 2018. Tickets are available at superwomansummit.com.